macOS Technical Note: July 1, 2019
At this year’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference, Apple™ confirmed that it is ending support for 32-bit apps in future operating systems (macOS Catalina and above) starting this fall. While all of our 32-bit soundBlade applications and options will continue to function on macOS Mojave and earlier Operating Systems, they will no longer be available as a new product purchase on our website by September 1, 2019 (9/1/19).
• Current Subscriptions will continue to auto-renew as scheduled.
• Sonic Studio iLok licenses that you currently own will continue to work on supported Operating Systems.
If you need to purchase soundBlade products or options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement does not affect our Audio Unit, VST or AAX Plug-Ins.
Applications Affected (all current and previous versions)
• soundBlade HD, SE and LE
• soundBlade HD All Access and LE All Access
• AudioRepair Toolkit
• Sonic Studio Process
• Broadband DeNoise Native
• Manual DeClick II
• Spectral Repair Tool for soundBlade
Products Not Affected
• Sonic Studio NoNOISE 3
• Legendary Audio I.C.E.
• Sonic Studio Mastering EQ
• All Access Plug-In Bundle
• Wholegrain Digital Quartet DynPEQ and Trio DynPEQ
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
1) Many soundBlade users currently operate on older MacOS environments. If you’re NOT planning on upgrading past MacOS Mojave 10.14, this announcement does not affect you.
2) If you must upgrade past macOS 10.14, we recommend that you either:
⁃ Dedicate a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier to the task of mastering
— or —
⁃ Create a Partition on your Hard Drive for macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier and use it just for the task of mastering
NOTE: Sonic Studio iLok licenses that you currently own will continue to work on supported Operating Systems.
FUTURE UPDATES AND SUPPORT
1) Future updates to soundBlade, if any, will only support macOS Snow Leopard 10.6.8 -> MacOS Mojave 10.14.x.
2) soundBlade All Access license will remain active and auto-renew as scheduled. soundBlade All Access products will continue to run on MacOS Mojave and older operating systems.
3) All studioCare Annual Support Contracts will still remain effective and be automatically renewed until cancelled.
4) Scroll to the bottom of our Support Policy page to review. That Policy will stay ‘as is’ for now.
SONIC STUDIO’S FUTURE
While we understand the significance of Apple’s announcement, this is not an announcement about the end of soundBlade. Rather, it’s a cautionary note to make sure you are technically prepared regarding an important aspect of your production process. Most of our loyal customer base have worked through this sort of OS-related issue many times over the years.
We are working on a modern set of cross-platform software that will support a subset of the current soundBlade feature set and add useful new capabilities. Details regarding feature set, pricing and upgrade paths will be available later this year.
Questions About How This Affect You?
Please direct any questions about this announcement to our Pro Support Portal.
Sonic Studio, LLC P.O. Box 238 Fairfax, CA 94978